Re: USWings Jacket Contest?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from indyfan.com on April 12, 2001 at 09:18:10:

In Reply to: USWings Jacket Contest? posted by Austin Powers on April 12, 2001 at 01:40:30:

: Hey, not to sound ungrateful or anything, but doesn't the whole "plead your case" bit lack creativity? I mean it's pretty damn cool that USWings's gonna give a jacket away, but the whole contest seems a little simple doesn't it?

: Whatever happened to the good ol' days where a fan would have to take a kick-ass Indyesque photo in order to win something? What happened to fan-art contests? Now it seems like whoever concocts the biggest sob story'll win. "Oh geeze I was in a plane crash and my cat died, my wife's in jail and the toaster's been laughin' at me."

Well, there are several reasons for this contest being the way it is:

1. Since the new jacket is going into production very soon, and Sgt. Hack has promised the first production jacket to the winner, all the paying customers come after the giveaway. So we don't hold up the works, the contest had to take place rather quickly. Given less time, the contest has to be less elaborate, as the conception, actual work by the entrants, and judging has to take place on a compressed schedule.

2. Our past and present contests, have required having access to most of Indy documentation out there (the trivia contest) or some significant artistic talent (the art contest). This provides a lower barrier to entry, although it remains a significant challenge, as your entry must stand out among many and survive the scrutiny of the Forum. So, creativity on the part of the contestants is required.

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]