Hmm... maybe Indy SHOULD like camels!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from ecs.edmonton.ab.ca on April 12, 2001 at 13:40:04:

I recently got the "Lawrence of Arabia" DVD! It's awesome stuff! It's great to see one of my favorite films finally make it on DVD.

Anyways, on the DVD there's an extensive new documentary on the making of Lawrence, and on it, Omar Shariff talks about the scene where Lawrence and friends storm Akaba (I believe that's the one, it's that city with the big-ass naval gun) on their camels. Omar realized with the thousands of extras storming the place full speed with their camels and horses, that if he fell off during a take, that he'd get trampled and possibly killed by all the stomping animals behind him, so he pretty much tied himself to his saddle so he wouldn't fall off.

Peter O'Toole apparently wasn't as clever as Omar and didn't do this, so he fell on one of the takes. Fortunately his camel protected him by standing on top of him so the other horses and camels couldn't trample Peter. Camels are very mysterious that way, says Omar.

Which leads to me think, should Indy trade in his horse for a delightful camel in Indy IV? It could save his life in a few adventures. ;)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]