Caidin wrote "IJ & the Sky Pirates", one of the really bad ones of the series. I think he also wrote "Cyborg", which the '6 Million Dollar Man' series was based on (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Banzai from host-208.jud.ca.gov on April 12, 2001 at 17:06:13:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's "Comic Timing" posted by Ryfun on April 12, 2001 at 16:15:43:

: I, frankly can't recall a single one of Dark Horse's miniseries that I felt was even in the ballpark of good. However, I did enjoy most of MacGreogor's (eventually he begind relying on his formula more than on good tale-telling), and I like Max McCoy's. With both of these authors things will happen and characters will behave in a fashion that makes you shake your head. For example, I find it hard to believe Indy has ever worked for the government or chased Nazis before Raiders based on his reaction to, uhh, help me out here, Blumbert? And, oh you know who I'm talking about, Porkins. I'm having a mental slip here. Anyway, he meets Wu Han two years before Temple of Doom, hardly time to follow him on "many adventures," and they never even go near the story of Abner Ravenwood (though I'm sure partially that's LFL's decision and not the authors'). If you can let little things like that slide and just enjoy, I think McCoy and MacGregor are up to the task. STAY AWAY FROM MARTIN CAIDIN. They're just bad books that show that he may not have seen anything but Raiders and that one only once.

: SR

:
: : Hey everyone,

: : I have a question for all of you. Since Indy IV still seems a long way from production and a new Indy game probably won't be coming out for another few years, I was playing with the idea of reading a few of the book or comics that have been published in recent years. However, I am leery to try this as the Star Wars ones did not sit well with me at all, many of them being downright stupid. I am not big on licensed fiction, but sometimes the idea of a new story is too good to not consider.

: : Has anyone read the Dark Horse comics? Recent novels? Any opinions on them or anything? What should I steer clear of? I mean, the covers have always looked good, but we all know that's not a standard to measure against...

: : Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]