I almost had the same thing happen to me!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from adsl-64-170-117-217.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on April 12, 2001 at 17:15:23:

In Reply to: Ooh, I know this one! posted by schwammy on April 12, 2001 at 10:58:58:

I went to visit a friend and watch LC on video, so I decided (of course) to show up in my Indy duds, sans gun. On the way home (about 1 am) the car ran out of gas. (Doh!) To get it off the road, I parked it in neutral and rolled it forwards, and it promptly rolled too far off the road and into a ditch. (Doh! Again) While I was calling my friend on a nearby pay phone (lucky there was a convenient store across the street)someone drove by, noticed the car in the ditch, and called the cops on their cell phone. Within minutes three cop cars and an ambulance showed up looking for an accident. The police were more than a bit suspicious when they saw the (empty) holster on the front seat. I heards them say something on the radio about a suspecting a gun...they asked me, "Do you have a pistol permit?" Luckily this was in relatively gun-friendly NH, so I didn't get frisked, but needless to say it took a bit of explaining to do about the whole Indiana Jones thing before I eventually called AAA and got out of there! Whoo!

After that I promptly applied for and got my pistol permit.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: