Some info and a pic...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-we024.proxy.aol.com on April 12, 2001 at 22:02:25:

In Reply to: Some ribbon questions for Dakota, Greg and everyone posted by Fedora on April 12, 2001 at 20:40:23:

: I know this has been given before, but I have a horrible memory, so here goes. I am looking for a flat black 1 1/2 inch ribbon, Petersham or grosgrain, it doesn't matter. I want the one that is blended with cotton. Does anyone have a source for this? Many thanks. Fedora

I just checked judithm.com and they have 1 1/2 inch Petersham in black. If it's the same as the Indy Jones brown they sell, then it's a cotton/rayon mix, but I've had great success with dying it with RIT fabric dye. It is not flat, but the dye makes it almost flat. They have a toll free number and they know who we are and are very helpful. I've seen some black all cotton ribbon on ladies straw hats, but only in 3/4 inch. If judith m has that in 1 1/2 you might have something. Greg has other sources in England, I think. The ribbon I have on my Federation in the pic is Petersham from Judith M in Indy brown dyed dark brown/black and again in black. I just filled an empty window washer jug with hot water, poured in the dye, capped it, shook it up, then put the ribbon in for a half hour, shaking occasionally. Oh, and spraying with Scotch Guard seems to dull the sheen more. Good luck.
Dakota

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]