A Legacy of Adventurers

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy French from syr-24-169-84-215.twcny.rr.com on April 12, 2001 at 22:25:18:

I was just thinking about all of the cool adventure films there have been, either that inspired or were inspired by our favorite archaeologist, and I just felt like writing up the list. If anybody wants to add on to this, feel free. I have always loved the classic adventure film (takes place late 19th century - 1940s) and some of the ones set in present day as well, so here's a compilation of the swashbucklers and treasure seekers that I have enjoyed.

Indiana Jones - (duh) Raiders, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade
Alan Quartermain - King Solomon's Mines (ok, ok, if you are going by the Richard Chamberlain series, which I am not, then you can include Alan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold too...)
Patrick O'Malley - High Road to China
Rick O'Connell - The Mummy, The Mummy Returns (this latter one will stink I fear)
Jack T. Colton - Romancing the Stone (same year as TOD), Jewel of the Nile
Harry Steele - Secret of the Incas
Mr. Jones - China (hmmm..... inspiration for Dr. Jones? I wonder...)
Jackie, the Asian Hawk (Jackie Chan) - The Armour of God, Operation Condor (Yes, these films were inspired by Indy)
Archibald Cutter - Gunga Din
Fred C. Dobbs - Treasure of the Sierra Madre (ok, ok, more of a thief than an adventurer, but quite the hat wearer...)

Did I miss anyone?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]