Re: Updates on Flightsuit owners (to all who have a FS...)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MK from ip240.amarillo3.tx.pub-ip.psi.net on April 13, 2001 at 08:39:01:

In Reply to: Updates on Flightsuit owners (to all who have a FS...) posted by HenryJ on April 13, 2001 at 01:54:35:

I have been meaning to post this anyway, so this gives me the opportunity to share some jacket observations while I was with the amigos:

Patterson's veg goat
He has more patience then I. He doesn't mind waiting for a jacket to relax. When he first got the veg, it was the "suit of armor" as someone here coined the phrase. BUT to my amazement it has relaxed and feels very similar to my chrome goat. I never would have thought that possible. Another surprise is the color. The veg is the closest match to Lee's Leather Concessionairs jacket, which I feel at this time, is our best gauge for the original Raiders leather.

Abner's Wested new cow
It’s truly very nice. Why can't Peter get lamb in this quality? The only downfall is it's so dark it's almost black. The grain is very handsome though.

Lee's FS deer
I have seen Patterson's before, but not in the company of other fine jackets. It looks very nice. It's so nice I wouldn't want to do anything physical in it. It's beautiful. Just go to diner.

MK's chrome goat and lamb.
I love mine. I wear them both all the time. The lining is not original and I'm glad. I think it's far better the cotton or satin. I am hand aging the goat and not the lamb. The color is looking really nice on the goat. The lamb is more comfortable to wear in the car. I drove from California to Texas wearing the lamb the whole time. The only thing I would change on them is move the cargo pockets 1/2 inch closer in. Also the new nickle zipper would be my choice.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]