Re: I need your help quick!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from adsl-64-170-116-183.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on April 13, 2001 at 18:08:25:

In Reply to: Re: I need your help quick! posted by Michaelson on April 13, 2001 at 18:00:54:

: : I am about to go find the place where the last shot in Crusade was done. It's when they ride off into the sunset. It is near Amarillo, TX. Here is a pic of the scene:

: :

: : The question is: Why did they choose this location? It just looks like a flat plain. I don't have the movie with me. Could someone take a look and see if there is anything else to see? A landmark perhaps. any input will be a help. Thanks!

: : (If Lucas would put the films on DVD I could see it on my laptop. GEORGE!!!!!!)

: From what I've read to date, they needed a LONG distance in order to shoot this point of view, as they needed the depth of field to pull the sun into the frame the size it was, with them literally disappearing over the horizon "into the sunset", so it was the long distance for the ride toward the west. Hope this helps. Regards. Michaelson

That makes sense to me. You need to shoot with a very long lens and at a long distance to get the sun that big in the frame. I guess they couldn't find a place like that in Spain?

Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]