My PB 180º

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupB214.mpls.uswest.net on April 14, 2001 at 05:25:12:

A while back I posted my initial review of my brand-new Peters Bros. Indy Custom. My first impressions of this hat weren't the greatest and its appearance really surprised me. For some reason it just didn't look the way I had expected it to. The felt seemed cheap and its stiffness was a new experience. The height of the crown really shocked me at first also.

But after a week I've done a 180º and now I'm VERY happy with this hat. Seeing 'Raiders' on USA really felt like watching my hat. The crown height is dead-on and its overall shape mirrors that of the movie hat. The color has grown on me as well and the "char brown" ribbon seems to be the perfect accent. Color-wise my PB is very similar Indy's hat in 'Crusade' post Venice.

Compared to my Indiana Miller and Stetson 005 Indy, the PB is much more "Indyesque". Crown-wise the Indiana Miller is up to snuff, but it's the brim of the PB that really sets it apart. The dimensionally cut brim captures the Indy-look like no other hat I've EVER seen. You can really see this illustrated in 29yr-old-Indy's recent pictures of his PB.

So yeah, I've changed my story and I'm now a firm believer in PB's quality. If someone asked me which hat to buy, I'd definitely tell them Peters Bros. This IS an Indy hat.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]