TOMB RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from wic1dl-23.up.net on January 08, 1998 at 01:10:20:

In Reply to: Re: When is Lucasarts going to make ANY-type Indiana Jones game? posted by Indiana Jerico on January 06, 1998 at 18:38:50:

:
: Well, as I'm also a fan of adventure games, I'd say that that's also nice....however, seeing that Tomb Raider borrowed heavily from the Indiana Jones series.....hmmmmm......I think....*scratches his chin for a minute*......

:
: ----Indiana Jerico

Well, it borrowed, yes, but I think Tomb Raider was really something new - not an Indy-type adventure at all. How do you envision this "Tomb Raider style" Indy game's gameplay working? Indy doing backflips and firing his pistol at everything in sight? Actually, Indy would freak out if he had to do the things Lara Croft does. Heck, a circus high-wire artist would freak out doing some of that! Lara is obviously insane, but it IS exciting to play. Too bad the Tomb Raider "stories" both sucked chilled monkey brains.... Now that I think about it, to say those games borrowed HEAVILY from Indy is almost an insult to Indy!

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]