Re: US Wings Bullwhips

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Artisan from 209.171.221.56 on April 15, 2001 at 13:28:35:

In Reply to: Re: US Wings Bullwhips posted by West on April 14, 2001 at 18:38:29:

: The whips you see at USWings are actually the Mark Allen whips, just offered at another store. They're good whips and the closest you can get to a David Morgan. In all a very good whip for a good price. Go with the 10 foot because I've heard a lot of our resident "whippers" say that is a good length to go for, but if you're just starting out with whips I'd say go with the 8 foot one.

: West

West is correct, USWings is supplied by Mark Allen productions out of Las Vegas. I had the opportunity to meet with Mark Allen a few months ago when I took a trip out to Las Vegas. Mark Allen is probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He showed me his shop and he has to have the largest supply of whips I've seen under one roof. We even talked for about an hour or so about whips and whip making, he is incredibly knowledgable. If people don't already know this but one of Marks main suppliers was an apprentice under David Morgan, Joe Strain. Other then the butt on the MA bullwhips, it is exactly like the DM bullwhip. DM now charges $605 for a ten foot bullwhip, MA charges $375 for the same whip. Why such a price difference? "Reputation, supply and demand" all the basic business principles which would drive the price of a commodity up. If you have the excess money to spend and want an authentic Indy Bullwhip, sure go to DM, but if you are like the rest of us on a bugeted income
and want the same craftsmanship and quality MA is definitly the alternative. Sorry for going abit off the topic, and yes I would go with a 10 footer from MA, you won't be disappointed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]