A note

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on April 15, 2001 at 15:23:00:

In Reply to: If only the lamb wouldn't squeak... posted by Fall Guy on April 14, 2001 at 17:46:57:

Just to let you know, my deerskin went back for a remake to a vegetable tanned goatskin. I liked the deerskin, but the continual relaxing of the grain was not very satisfactory. It is a VERY nice material, and the range of breathability over temperature differences are next to none, but still, after having it for a bit, it just wasn't satisfactory in my final look. Just my opinion. Regards. Michaelson

: I've worn my lambskin Wested in any weather including rain, sleet, and sub-freezing temperatures. The leather has held up extremely well (So well, that I decided to distress it artificially). I think the lamb is reasonably tough enough for general use. You don't have to be especially careful with it. It's also the most comfortable leather (The constant squeaking is driving me nuts though!).
: Ask Michaelson about the deerskin jacket. He has one and can tell you all about it. What I will say is that to me the color and texture of the deerskin are EXTREMELY NICE and my favorite of any leather I've seen! It also seems to be more puncture and tear resistant than lamb.
: FG
: PS: From what I've seen (samples/actual jackets), the chrome goat offers the best compromise in terms of looks (my taste) and durability (I just don't like the color and the plasticky feel of the veg goat).
: PPS: Take your time in choosing...

:
: : OK - I've accepted the fact that goatskin will never drape like lamb or deer. However, I would like to get a jacket that can take reasonable wear and punishment and has some drape to it. I live in NJ so the winters aren't too bad (rarely goes below 20). If anyone with a lambskin or deerskin could comment on their ruggedness, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

: : Indy W.
: :
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: