he he he ...whiskey?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ...whiskey? from user1.cablevision.com on April 15, 2001 at 22:19:36:

In Reply to: Yep - a shot of whiskey for courage and a steady hand! (nm) posted by Patterson on April 15, 2001 at 21:38:37:

: : Well I saw on Indygear the info page on how to do a dimensional cut. So I got my Indy Miller and did it. At first I was about to throw the hat away once I was done cuz I thought I had ruined it because the edges were not cut very straight. But I soon found that a little sand paper took care of that easily and then the cut looked perfect. So perfect in fact I did it also on my black Stetson Temple as well. Then I thought to myself how can I get the brim to be nice and flat like it was in the Cairo Street scenes, and then it hit me.....college text books. I wet the brim down alot layed the hat flat on my table, and placed all of my text books all over the surface of the brim and stacked them higher than the crown. I let it set for like 6 hours and took it off, When I took it out it was completely FLAT, I mean FLAT FLAT. I then curled the brim down in the front and it looked perfect. I couldnt believe it. Then I changed the ribbon from the original on my miller to a 39mm black ribbon and now the hat looks amazing. I always thought the miller was way off from Indys hat but with those mods it is an excellent replica. Ill try to post pics when I get my hands on a digital camera. I think I might call up the hat lady and tell her to give me my HJ hat back so I can do it myself. Although...cutting a HJ would be quite nerve wrecking.

: : Matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]