Kinda...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from ts018d15.sto-ca.concentric.net on April 16, 2001 at 17:53:00:

In Reply to: Bullwhip Story posted by Indy French on April 16, 2001 at 16:29:40:

I got my whip confiscated for practicing within "school limits." The thing is, I was out by the park by the school, out-of-bounds. In fact, I've been there before, and gotten in trouble for "trespassing" during school hours. Yet when the school cop came by, he claimed it was on school grounds. Anyway, long story short, my whip was held in custody for almost a year until I finally got it back. Of course, I got my revenge. Oh yes. Mwa ha ha.

: So I am practicing with my bullwhip today because the snow is finally gone here in Syracuse and it was a nice day. Unfortunately, the only place to practice is in a "park" that sits between all the fraternity houses. I was also taking a friend out to practice as well, as he bought a whip after seeing me snapping one and I am training him.

: Keep in mind, I am not wearing a fedora or any other gear, least I draw more unwanted attention to myself. So there I am practicing a little and training my friend when a frat guy on an electric bullhorn starts yelling at me, saying "Hey you! Indy! What are you doing?!" I can hear the other guys around him laughing. This frat house was up on a hill that can be seen a short ways away from this little "park" area.

: Reflexively, I look up towards the house and yell at the top of my lungs, "Why don't you come on down here! I'll show you!" A few seconds pass and then I start laughing at myself because I realized that I had just quoted Indy from Raiders without thinking.

: Two frat guys came down and were surprisingly cordial with us. Maybe it was because I didn't let up on the heavy cracking routines until they came within 20 feet of us.

: Anybody else had the "pestering people problem" when practicing with their bullwhips?

: Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]