Whip'em into shape, homie..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-168-39-112.nyc.rr.com on April 16, 2001 at 19:12:30:

In Reply to: Bullwhip Story posted by Indy French on April 16, 2001 at 16:29:40:

never liked fraternities anyway.. ;>)

-----

: So I am practicing with my bullwhip today because the snow is finally gone here in Syracuse and it was a nice day. Unfortunately, the only place to practice is in a "park" that sits between all the fraternity houses. I was also taking a friend out to practice as well, as he bought a whip after seeing me snapping one and I am training him.

: Keep in mind, I am not wearing a fedora or any other gear, least I draw more unwanted attention to myself. So there I am practicing a little and training my friend when a frat guy on an electric bullhorn starts yelling at me, saying "Hey you! Indy! What are you doing?!" I can hear the other guys around him laughing. This frat house was up on a hill that can be seen a short ways away from this little "park" area.

: Reflexively, I look up towards the house and yell at the top of my lungs, "Why don't you come on down here! I'll show you!" A few seconds pass and then I start laughing at myself because I realized that I had just quoted Indy from Raiders without thinking.

: Two frat guys came down and were surprisingly cordial with us. Maybe it was because I didn't let up on the heavy cracking routines until they came within 20 feet of us.

: Anybody else had the "pestering people problem" when practicing with their bullwhips?

: Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]