I vote for brown. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from spider-wl064.proxy.aol.com on April 16, 2001 at 19:20:53:

In Reply to: Votes for Brown? 3 so far, plus me equals.....FOUR! posted by Indy Sean on April 16, 2001 at 19:05:08:

: add your vote: copy and paste the subject into a new message but change the number to include yourself.

: -----

: : Here is some fan feedback via Sgt. Hack of US Wings...

: :
: : First, we have to understand that this is not the "same" jacket that Indiana Jones wore in his movies. We know that each of the jackets he wore was leather and each movie jacket (Raiders, Temple of Doom and Last Crusade) differs somewhat. The new Indy Cotton jacket is faithful to the Temple of Doom style as are the other US Wings leather Indy jackets. What sets the cotton jacket apart from other Indy jackets on the market is its incredible versatility. The tough, no-nonsense cotton, the durable, re-inforced stitching, the snap-down cargo pockets, bi-swing back, pleats, side tabs and the functional and attractive leather collar make this a jacket that can be worn and enjoyed almost anywhere. This handsome jacket is designed for real wear and tear under a variety of conditions, temperatures and climates. I know that I'll be able to handle everything from the field to the boardroom on my upcoming journeys to England, Ireland, Greece, Turkey and Italy, not to mention my dangerous treks to the urban jungles of New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles. I'll pack it along with my US Wings Roo jacket and be ready for the best and worst that travel can offer.
: : Second, the wearer of this jacket has to be careful not to get mobbed. On Easter I wore the jacket to a relative's home and every male there (as well as a few women) insisted on trying it on. I thought I'd have to fight my way out to keep the jacket on my back. Fortunately, both the new cotten jacket and I managed to escape unscathed, more a testament to its toughness than to mine.
: : Third, this fan-inspired jacket will soon earn its place of honor with the rest of the Indy gear. Although it wasn't worn by Indiana Jones, I'm sure that if the jacket had been available to him, he'd have packed it along with his fedora, bullwhip, bag, holster and gun, ever at the ready for adventure. And of course he'd also take along one of his leather jackets, too. That's because the Indy Cotton Jacket isn't meant to be a replacement for the Raiders, ToD or LC leather jackets, just a companion---and worthy brother-- to each of them.
: : Thank you for adding to the Indy fan's wardrobe choices. This one is a real winner, true to Indy's spirit. I've enjoyed the opportunity to review (and even more importantly to wear) this great jacket. US Wings and Sgt. Hack have done it once again.
: : John Tarantino
: : Attorney-at-Law
: : President
: : Adler Pollock & Sheehan P.C.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional: