Re: Nazis

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RikDuel from slbri1p01.ozemail.com.au on October 11, 1998 at 20:01:03:

In Reply to: Nazis posted by MC on October 11, 1998 at 05:57:46:

I think the Communists in China would work great in Indy IV as villains. You need look no further than a film like Scorcese's Kundun or Seven Years in Tibet to see how easily they work as villains. Especially considering the sort of treatment that religion was given under Mao's leadership. If it were a buddhist artifact that Indy wound up chasing, then that could place him directly at odds with Communist Chinese forces whose objective was to destroy it.
I think that this could be cool, but if, like its beginning to sound, the quest in Indy IV is for Atlantis or some other "Lost Continent" (Lemuria?), then I don't know who they're going to get for villains.

My thoughts only,
RikDuel

: Is it just me, or are Nazis THE Indiana Jones villains?

: I mean, look at Temple of Doom. Despite the fact that these guys are child enslavers, cult sacrificers, and all-around nasties, I always felt a little bit sorry for them. I mean, the majority of them, even Mola Ram if you count the novel, are brainwashed slaves.

: And it just isn't a Indy Jones film without those big closeups of the swastika, thousands of idiot soldiers running around spouting pseudo/German, and archaic military equipment to boot.

: That is what worries me about so-called Indiana Jones IV. Rumor has it that it will be set after the war. Does this mean no more Nazis? Of course, there is always the Communists and Neo-Nazi skinheads! (Not to offend any Communists out there)

: End communcations.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]