Could be worse....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Banzai from host-208.jud.ca.gov on April 17, 2001 at 18:09:16:

In Reply to: ?????? posted by Indy French on April 17, 2001 at 17:59:26:

I could've suggested Brendan Frasier....

(ducking)

I agree with you on all points about casting the 'heartthrob of the month', I was just throwing a name out there.

I personally do not think ANYONE is capable of playing Indiana Jones except Harrison Ford. If he were to play the role today, it would have to be a totally different kind of Indy, one that realizes his limitations due to age, and just tries to stay out of trouble. Maybe his luck has grown so much as he got older that he comes away scott free from any deathtrap, whether he's aware of it or not. Problem with that is that it could turn into more of a slapstick type of action film, like the opening sequence to 'Superman III' (shudder).

Take care.

: Ben Affleck?!

: Hollywood is notorious for making terrible trendy casting choices in these situations. Just because Paramount decided to go ahead with a lousy decision and replace Ford as Jack Ryan with the atrocious Ben Affleck doesn't mean that Affleck is right for that role or any other role Ford has played in the past. In fact, I think Affleck is THE WORST choice for Jack Ryan and if he was ever given the Indiana Jones fedora, I'd renounce the entire franchise and either sell my gear or burn it, depending on my mood at the time.

: I agree that Harrison is a little beyond Indy now and attempting to do a new film would only be humiliating for all involved. I am also in a small group of people who feel that the franchise should live on with new adventures and I personally feel that there must be someone out there who can fill Indy's Aldens, but not Ben Affleck.

: Harrison Ford has created many indellible characters in his work, Indiana Jones being at the top of the heap. I shudder to think that they would ruin the franchise by casting the heartthrob of the month in the title role. He is not a good actor IMHO and he hardly has the ruggedness of character to carry off Indiana Jones.

: Again, just my two cents.

: Mike

:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: