Re: Theological question...any of you subscribe to a religion different to Christianity (whish I guess is the "hero" religion in Raiders and LC)?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana John from proxy.wmfg.com on October 12, 1998 at 10:59:02:

In Reply to: Re: Theological question...any of you subscribe to a religion different to Christianity (whish I guess is the "hero" religion in Raiders and LC)? posted by ~The Raider~ on October 09, 1998 at 20:12:32:

:
: : I take and leave some things as far as Christianity. I celebrate Christmas and Easter and all that, but given the choice I wouldn't be a church-goer but for the sense of community. Reincarnation, ghosts, spirits, souls, essences I believe in. Miracles and fate I don't subscribe to. I DO NOT PROMOTE, ENDORSE OR TOLERATE SATANISM OR SUCH EVIL-WORSIPPING. In a nutshell, I think all religions (and for the most part, mythologies) are the same story(ies) told differently. More on that later 'cause it's more philosophical. Anyway, it's nice to have a supreme goodness to rely on when you see these movies, esp. the climaxes. Who doesn't enjoy them? In fact, the end Ark scene in Raiders is what made me an Indy fan. I'm rambling, aren't I?

: : However, you don't necesarrily have to be Christian to enjoy Indy, or so I'm told? So how 'bout it? Anyone here Jew, Muslim, nah, you wouldn't be Amish, Methodist, Protestant or any of the other branches of religion?

: : -The Grey Wanderer-

: I subscribe to something along the same lines.
: In a nutshell, I believe there is something out there, some superiour being either concsious or subconcsious. There is some merit in religion, but as each one is the same, I don't follow the rules of any specific one, except the one that decrees we give presents to each other in the feel good season of Christmas or whatever celebration your religion calls for.
: As for the theory of the Ark, who knows? Could it hae been some form of an atomic nuclear device? If it was present in those days, it could only have been preceived as something divine.
: Look, I could debate for hours on this and merely scratch the surface. Believe me, I tried. That's what I belive, I had to say it.

: Hope I didn't bore too many of you.

: ~The Raider

I am a believer. "In what?" you might ask. The Word of God; which says
"Let God be true and every man a liar." Our various opinions are all subject to the Bible;
God's word says is what I believe and walk out daily.

I read a comment in one of the above posts, which stated that he doesn't "Tolerate Satanism."
Obviously, he is stating the obvious things like praying to the devil and such.
But if you don't have a personal relationship with God daily and are not fellowshipping regularly; you are in
fact tolerating satanism in your own life.
The Bible says that we are "Not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together"
It also says that "To be a friend of the world is to be the enemy of God."
So if you are living the way of the world opposed to God's way; you are for Satan.
And the only way of living God's way is to know Him daily.

If you would like to see into this more, check out my webpage.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]