That response works well

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace144.utsi.edu on April 18, 2001 at 12:19:11:

In Reply to: Gear use in the real world posted by Hazelton on April 18, 2001 at 01:19:00:

: I travel a lot within the U.S. (flying) and I almost always wear my LL Bean Field Shirts and pants. The Aldens, while a bit heavy, are very comfortable while walking from gate to gate in the airport, and are highly practical once I arrive wherever I'm going. Into my Mk VI bag I throw my straight razor and strop, travel-sized bottles of shampoo and cologne, extra contact lenses, a toothbrush and some floss, my cel phone, my ticket(s) and itinerary go into the back pockets, and whatever change, keys, lighters, etc. that I would otherwise have to dump out of my pockets when going through the metal detectors at the entrance. I have yet to wear my fedora while traveling, but I may this coming weekend when I go to Tucson to attend a friend's wedding. Depending on where I go, I might take a pistol with me (declared, unloaded, in checked luggage), so the gas mask bag makes a good range bag for carrying ear muffs, safety glasses and a couple of boxes of ammunition for when I go target shooting. I've only had one flight attendant ask me about my "Indiana Jones thing going on there," but he was just being friendly. I haven't been jeered publicly yet. If I am, I'll probably just smile politely and say something about stealing only from the best and move along.

I've used "He sure has an interesting job, doesn't he?" While they're busy agreeing, I walk on. (grins) Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]