Here's my solution.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy French from btlizard.maxwell.syr.edu on April 18, 2001 at 12:45:23:

In Reply to: With no movie really in site. What should we do with indy then? Books? Cartoons? (nm) posted by ninthman on April 18, 2001 at 01:00:50:

We use his popularity to spur a new series of adventure films that utilize a more classic form of moviemaking. For example, King Solomon's Mines is badly in need of a remake. This could be the perfect opportunity to resurrect Alan Quatermain to his long forgotten glory (mainly destroyed by Richard Chamberlain). Sure, he's not Indy, but he is one of the "original" Indys. As long as Indyfans keep the adventure movie alive, I do not think we'll suffer.

HOWEVER, if we continue to allow these third rate adventure films like Tomb Raider and Mummy 2 (that look to have no understanding of what an adventure movie is supposed to be) keep flooding the market, then there will never be a good adventure series ever again. We need to use our knowledge of Indy and how adventure films "should be" to educate the industry and force them to return to higher standards, worthy of Indy if not necessarily Indy himself.

I mean, Alan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold and Firewalker are not a standard. They are a travesty. Tomb Raider and Mummy 2 look to be no different.

Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]