Michaelson: a sizing question...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zippy from sa-165-227-137-117.cruzio.com on April 18, 2001 at 13:48:37:

In Reply to: VERY nice! posted by Michaelson on April 18, 2001 at 11:51:27:

Hello Michaelson. I'm also thinking of getting a Federation. I have a sizing question for you: you say you ordered a 60 (which according to their conversion chart is a 7-1/2). Do you normally wear a 7-1/2, or did you order it one size smaller (and it's still too big)? I normally wear a 7-1/2... do you think I should I go with a 59 (7-3/8) or a 58 (7-1/4)? Thanks!

Regards,
Zippy

: But I can't emphasize enough, follow the sizing FAQ. I wear a size 59 in a Bushman, and it's dead on. This Federation is a 60, and it was WAY big on me, but to close to consider returning. Once it's dimensionally cut, then I'll do some more "tweaking" of the sizing (I tried some, and it helped a lot, but it's still "loose"). The felt is extremely nice, like a Miller, but in my opinion a higher grade. It's easily moldable, and the sweatband very comfortable. All in all, I give this fedora an A+, and plan to enjoy it for a long time. Thanks for asking. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]