Re: Indiana Jones hat

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd Petrowski from clipper.rollins.edu on October 12, 1998 at 18:08:11:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Jones hat posted by Dan Borton on December 02, 1997 at 22:21:54:

: : Dan, Absolutely go with the listed "Temple", advertised on the "X Marks the Spot" section of this web page, if you want to invest in an accurate investment. If it is indeed the same as the as my old "T of D" Stetson fedora, and from all discussion I've read, it is, you will NOT be disappointed. I am like you regarding leaving certain hats in the box. That's where the "T of D" Stetson has remained since I acquired it in 1984. I have only actually worn it twice, and purchased the American version the same year to wear so to keep the Austrian version in the box. I receive the Sportsman catalog. I really don't remember them offering your hat. Must have been blind when that issue came through. Yep, I'd retire your old Wool, and move up to a fur felt. After you've worn one for a while, you'll never put wool on your head again. File your Wool in your Indy gear, as I have two OTHER Stetson worn outs, for old time sake. Don't ever apologize for continuing on a topic here, though. We're talking shop, remember. I love talking shop. Regards.

: I agree with you, From what I have seen so far the Temple looks pretty good. I am also still waiting to hear back from Millerhats. I am really curious to see what they have to say about their new line of Indiana Jones hats.

: I know what you mean about the difference in the Fur and wool felts. There is a world of difference Between the two hats I have. The beaver felt is far superior. Take care

: Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]