Tired of that crappy fedora? You can make it look like an HJ McAlpine-READ ON!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Brisco from spider-ti041.proxy.aol.com on April 18, 2001 at 18:44:43:

All right indyfans, ive gone against the rules of hatmaking, but have come up with a interesting product!

I had bought a hat in Vienna, Austria and in 2 months it looked like crap. I had once stretched it and for a week or so it looked like a Peters Bros but not for long.
Anyway, I was looking for a hat block and I found a plastic top hat-u know like the kind for New Years. I removed the lining from the hat, steamed it and put it over the block. Now, when i first steamed it, it took the shape more of a planter's hat but not for long. I finally made it into a center dent. However, I ironed the front of the crown so I could crease that part myself with cold water. After this process took, I had a great Indy fedora! It's a good one for ToD. It looks like a McAlpine. However, imagine the variety of crowns u can use from cheap plastic hats! Shoot...if you can find a green bowler u can make a great open bash!

Regards
Indiana Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: