Re: Questions RE: Modifying a Wested

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bennett from spider-wq031.proxy.aol.com on April 18, 2001 at 18:45:15:

In Reply to: Questions RE: Modifying a Wested posted by falconau on April 18, 2001 at 18:17:20:

I just got a new Wested, Raider version --

The straps are sewn outside, as they apparently were in the movie -- from what I gather from this forum, I don't remember in the movie --

I personally wouldn't have minded straps sewn inside -- I think it looks cleaner, and I remember being impressed with how the straps were attached inside when seeing the Wested pics on the Indygear site -- but outside is fine, too.

My straps are 5 inches from the bottom of the jacket where they are sewn next to the pocket (about half way up the pocket) -- the back of the strap is about 5 1/4 or 5 1/2 inches from the bottom, since the back is a little longer.

The pleats on my jacket work perfectly -- they are deep (almost 2 inches) and always go back - they are sewn inside in such a way to insure that, I guess -- I can't detect any type of elastic etc under the lining --

If I had an old style Wested, I don't think I would change anything unless I felt that the straps were cinching the jacket too low -- around your hips rather than waist -- I like the sewn-inside straps, but then again I am not a stickler for exact replicas --

Bennett

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]