But he could still whup ass on that wimp Mike Meyers.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flash Fearless from pm4-33.syv.silcom.com on April 18, 2001 at 19:02:28:

In Reply to: Follow-up to the "Ford's too old" string of posts.... posted by Austin Powers on April 18, 2001 at 13:37:21:

You can watch that Austin Powers crap but not want to see HF in Indy 4 . Go Figure . Flash.

: I agree totally that a new Indy film would be awesome. I agree that 'Tomb Raider' and 'The Mummy 2' appear to be very cheap imitations. But I also feel that Harrison Ford is WAY too old to reprise the role of the swashbuckling Indiana Jones.

: Despite what you die-hard Ford supporters say about him still being able to pull it off, I don't see it ever happenin'. For proof you need only look at his films from the past 10 years. He has slowly but steadily become an old man. In 'The Fugitive' he was already showing more wrinkles than we'd seen in the Indy trilogy. In 'Sabrina' he looked like somebody's dad. And in 'Six Days Seven Nights' he was reduced to a dirty old man with gray hair, trying to fight off pirates. Granted, he's still probably in better shape that ANY of us, but that can't hide the fact that he's starting to move like an old man.

: His range of movement has appeared to have shrunk. He's become blatantly bow-legged and his joints are looking more and more knobby and arthritis-strickin'.

: I just recently saw 'What Lies Beneath' for the first time, which I thought sucked, but that's not the point. The point is, in the scene where Ford runs to the end of the dock and dives in the lake I pretty much gave up all hope of ever seeing him as Indy again. He looked like a tired old man trying to muster up the strength to run. He hobbled awkwardly and really showed signs of age.

: Personally I DO NOT want to see Indy in this way. Some fans say it would be interesting to see how the character copes with growing older. But I think this is BULL. None of us are fans of the films because of character developement. We like the films for what they are, ACTION movies. I don't wanna see Indy sitting around discussing things and using alternate methods to beat the bad guys, IE playing the sax loud enough to make snow fall off a roof. That's CRAP. And that's what a fourth film with Ford as Indy would be like.

: You can't hide from that fact that they would DEFINITELY bring in a child of Indy's. They do it ALL the time. Case in point, 'The Mummy 2', 'Crocodile Dundee 3', 'Rocky 5', it's inevitable.

: They've pissed away 12 years. That's insane, 12 damn years and we've seen jack squat.

: Think about this. This year Ford turns 59. Connery was 58 when 'Crusade' came out and he was playing an OLD MAN.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]