Thanks Greg. more questions-I emailed you (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-168-39-112.nyc.rr.com on April 18, 2001 at 22:54:36:

In Reply to: Re: I got my Federation! now, help please.. posted by Greg on April 18, 2001 at 18:31:06:

: : : I am going to pick it up right now! They also gave me some
: : : complimentary black ribbon, so the next two questions are:

: : : How do I fit a hat with a new ribbon, and

: : : how do you dimensially cut a hat brim?

: : : Anyone know?

: : : cheers,

: : : -IS

:
: :
: : First off, go to Indy Gear and you will find Patterson's instructions on cutting the brim. I would suggest using 100 grit sandpaper to smooth the raw cut. On the ribbon, it is just sewed on to the body of the hat. If you can sew, you should have no problem. Regards, Fedora

:
: About stitching the ribbon, the stitch is a tacking stitch. You are just tacking the ribbon in a few places around the hat crown. The tack points should be: each corner of the bow, underneath the "knot" of the bow, one in front at the very bottom of the ribbon at the base of the crown, one at the base in back, and one on the right side of the hat, again, at the base. This is fairly simple sewing, but you will probably need a thimble, as you are pushing a needle through felt, which can be tougher than other fabric. Also, all of your stitches will be behind the inner hat band, so that requires some negotiation. You want to make the tack points as small as possible, to keep them invisible. Do your best to match the thread color with the ribbon color.

: Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]