For such an ascerbic wit , you sure are touchy. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flash Fearless from pm5-6.syv.silcom.com on April 19, 2001 at 10:16:54:

In Reply to: I just love your witty comments, Flush.... posted by Austin Powers on April 18, 2001 at 23:47:30:

: Though I don't recall disputing Harrison Ford's ass-"whupping" abilities. I'm sure he could kick some Mike Myers butt, and probably a whole lot of other people's too.

: But that wasn't really the point, Flush. Ya see, my point requires one to think. Picture for a moment, 'Indy 4' opening in 2005 or so. We see the Paramount logo dissolve into a panoramic mountain range and in steps a 62-year-old Indiana Jones.

: Like I said, personally I don't wanna see the character that way. I don't want Indy to grow-old. The character embodies an adventurous spirit that can't be pulled off by a senior citizen....it just can't.

: I got a kick outta the other responses my initial post got. I really like the "ever hear of make-up" one. That was classic. There isn't enough make-up in the world to mask the fact that Harrison Ford is too old. Face it people. 'The Last Crusade' really is the LAST crusade.

: Austin Powers

: P.S. You wanna know how I can watch the 'Austin Powers' movies but not want to see Ford as Indy again? They're different movies. I love you pretentious SOBs who ridicule movies like 'Austin Powers' or anything by Jim Carrey or Adam Sandler. You're so busy trying to be above these films that you don't take them for what they are....funny.

: So you go on, go on and watch your Mel Brooks garbage and watch your watered down Jay Leno. But DO NOT try and lecture me on what's funny, capeche?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]