Good stuff!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-wm073.proxy.aol.com on April 19, 2001 at 13:02:41:

In Reply to: FS Lamb Showing Wear posted by Austin Powers on April 19, 2001 at 02:15:40:

My wife's lambskin started to show the wear after about 6 weeks - she babies it! I pointed it out, and said "Cool!” while she said "Oh, shit...” What does she know.

Anyway, on the goat and the grayness? I know what you mean, but here's the twist; when allowed to age naturally, the veg does get the light brown highlights. How do I know after only 5 weeks? Lets just say I gave it a workout last weekend through a few of our desert-like parks here in So-Cal. Also, I have taken every opportunity to lean, slide, and scuff against every brick wall, concrete wall, stucco wall I pass by - it's amazing I have not been arrested for appearing drunk? The lighter beige is starting to come out on the veg -especially along the storm flap, the back seams and the collar.

Also, MK's chrome goat is looking really nice. He has been working with the chemical brew, and is doing a top-flight job. The jacket looks terrific.

Personally, I'm not sold on the chrome. It seems too dark for my eye. There was a slight mis-q on my chrome goat, and they have offered to remake the jacket for me - awfully nice of them seeing as how the mis-q was my fault. I may take them up on it. I still prefer the veg goat, though I may opt for either a new finish lambskin or their Vintage New Zealand lambskin. The high desert is a bit hot for goatskin, though remarkable the veg is lighter and cooler than the chrome. Interesting.

Kind regards,

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: