I'm sorry, this NEVER bothered me because....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on April 19, 2001 at 13:38:32:

In Reply to: Last Crusade blooper posted by Indiana Jun on April 18, 2001 at 12:31:13:

..it happened to me once, but I was carrying a U-Matic portable video tape deck that was in a Porta-Brace carrying case. (Those in the industry knows the one I'm talking about) I was going to shoot a shot at a construction area at our plant at the time, and had to go outside to do a pick up shot with my video camera. I slipped on a Carhart jacket over my shoulder strap that held the deck, then started to let myself down over a wall before reaching back up for my tripod. (Yep, the Safety department would have had a cow if they had seen me. Oh well.) On the way over the edge, the strap hung up on a piece of rebar that I had not seen sticking out of the wall as I climbed over, and I found myself hanging EXACTLY in the same situation Indy did. No, I did not have to remove my coat, as I would have dropped about 5 feet to the ground with equipment....I had to pull myself BACK up (as Indy did) over the rebar in the same direction I came down to get unhung. I doubt I could do that now, but I was younger and a bit more limber then. When I saw that scene, I though "been there, done THAT". The only thing that stuck in my mind at the time was how that leather strap could have held his weight, or at least I did until I got one of Noel Howards straps, and then THAT mystery was solved. Anyway, I guarantee Ford would have had a heck of a bruise after the stunt...I know I did. No, I do NOT recommend anyone of you trying to re-create this stunt. It hurts!! Regards. Michaelson

: I noticed this blooper a long, long time ago and when it comes to bloopers in the trilogy, I am always in denial. When Indy rolls off the track of the tank and hangs on to the side gun barrel, you can clearly see that the strap did not loop over the end of it. The barrel was also jacked up at that point. Then when Indy is pulling himself up, you can notice on his face that he realizes that something is holding him down, which was the strap. For him to of gotten on the top of the tank with his bag he would of had to pull it off the barrel then get back up or simply leave it there hanging but if he did that, it looks like he would not of gotten it back! I am sure many of you noticed this. If you didn't... Sorry! I like to consider it an miracle by God. He was trying to keep the nazis from getting the Holy Grail right? Just wondering how Lucas or Spielberg could of let this blooper get away...

: Regards,
: Indiana Jun

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: