Just a hunch....but did you mean to say "sort of like YOUR typing"?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from udialup154.mpls.uswest.net on April 19, 2001 at 14:47:41:

In Reply to: He simply added an "S"...sort of like you typing: posted by Indiana Jimmie on April 19, 2001 at 14:02:33:

Seems to me that'd be more grammatically sound. But hey, I don't wanna argue with an English expert. I don't talk fancy, so I don't type fancy. But I do think I'm a fairly decent speller, and if a word of mine is wrong then odds are it's probably a typo. I agree with the guy who's been lobbying for a "preview" option prior to a message going public. I guess I could sit and read my type, but scrolling endlessly to the right just isn't my cup of tea.

Now uhh, regarding my "acerbic" demeanor, I don't dish out the negativity unless someone provokes me first. Look back over the posts, Skippie, I didn't attack Flush, he attacked me. So here we are. I'm not sure where you fit in with all of this though. You seem to have some sort of personal interest in my posts. You seem to read my comments hoping for a blunder, which is sad really. Typos are not grounds for ridicule, because everyone makes 'em.

I wasn't making fun of Flush's spelling regarding his word, "ascerbic". I honestly had never seen nor heard that word before. And the closest thing I found in the dictionary was "ascorbic", so I was curious as to what the real word actually meant. Well now I know. And frankly, adding an "S" makes more sense to me than its actual spelling, but that's neither here nor there.

So I guess my advice to you is this, quit stalking me, quit hoping to find microscopic errors in my posts that make no difference anyway. And don't call me negative before you have all the information, alright? Maybe in your world it's okay to sit back and take verbal abuse, but it's not in mine. Someone makes a snide comment to me, I make one right back. That doesn't sound negative now, does it?

Austin Powers

P.S. I love your clever name too, Indiana Jimmie. VERY original also, bravo.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]