No harm, no foul....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupU183.mpls.uswest.net on April 20, 2001 at 02:05:54:

In Reply to: open apology to Austin Powers. posted by Flash Fearless on April 19, 2001 at 17:29:04:

Hey I respect everyone's opinions about the whole age thing. I can see how some people still want to see Ford as Indy. Hell, sometimes seeing him in interviews even I catch a glimpse of Indy in him yet. Sometimes he looks younger than other times, and I want to believe he could still pull it off. But most of the time I see him as too old.

For an Indy movie to be an Indy movie, Ford would have to don "the outfit". And at his age I feel he'd look ridiculous. Just picture it for a moment. Picture him the way he looked in 'What Lies Beneath'. Now put the hat and jacket on him with a whip hangin' from his belt. It just doesn't work.

I think if they ever do make a fourth film it'll be altered too much. Indy will be dealing with age and a new, younger character will HAVE to be brought in, it's inevitable. Every "aging hero" story does it. And like I said, I personally don't want to see the character reduced to that.

Regarding the personal attacks, I feel they're necessary. If we all get along then nothing is gained. Dispute brings change. Patterson disputed Wested's accuracy, now we've got the Expedition. Fedora, I believe, wasn't pleased with Herbert Johnson's 'Raiders' likeness, now we've got Peters Bros.

But who knows, maybe they CAN pull off 'Indy 4' and make Ford look younger. I would absolutely LOVE to see the movie regardless. I'm not a 'Star Wars' fan, but I've heard the fans weren't happy with 'Episode 1'. I don't want to be unhappy with an 'Indy 4'.

Austin Powers

P.S. Your "Asstin" name wasn't bad.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: