Thank you for your suggestive comments! (Indy French: read this post, please.)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hazelton from proxy1-external.tucson1.az.home.com on April 20, 2001 at 11:25:30:

In Reply to: Agreed, well said!(nm) posted by Sir Richard on April 19, 2001 at 13:11:08:

Judging by the pictures he posted, Indy French is young and may not have a lot of money available for buying "hobby" item's like shoes just like Indy's, so he posed a good question. However--Even though I've never been rich, I eventually learned that if you buy the best that you can afford, you won't go wrong in the long run.

Another point that should be made is obsolescence. Like Levi's, Ray Bans, the A-2 Air Force jacket and the trench coat, the Aldens have stood the test of time. They don't go out of style. How long do you think the current rage for bell bottoms or extra baggy jeans is going to last? Fashion is to be avoided, style is to be treasured. The fashion industry tries every trick known to persuade people to wear their latest ridiculous concoctions so that next year they can use every trick known to convince you that you need to toss all that hopelessly out of date wardrobe from last year needs to be replaced by the newer, "in" ridiculous concoction, and so on through the years, ad infinitum (ad nauseum). It's best not to buy into this con game. I admit to making the same dumb mistake when I was younger myself (now I'm sounding like an old fart) but maybe some of the younger people who read this can avoid that goof. Just frequenting this site shows that they probably have more than the usual share of brains and imagination.

But, hey! Enough of my yakkin'!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]