My Two Cents....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupC179.mpls.uswest.net on April 20, 2001 at 14:30:11:

In Reply to: What's with the Venice boat hat thing??? posted by Indy French on April 20, 2001 at 14:19:02:

I've also heard that hat being described quite often. I've heard it used to compare to Herbert Johnsons and Indiana Millers, but I'm not entirely sure that people are "aiming" for this look. It just happens to be the scene that most resembles these particular hats.

A lot of it too, I think comes from the color that Indy's hat displays during the Venice scenes. I've used that analagoy myself, to describe the reddish-brown tint of my Indiana Miller.

I also feel that the Venice dock isn't the only place that this hat is seen. I think the term "Venice hat" is used to describe Indy's hat prior to Brunwald Castle in 'Crusade'. I think the hat that's seen on the Venice dock is probably the same hat that's seen in every seen after the boat explosion and before Brunwald Castle.

Either way, it is a pretty distinct look. The brim is VERY curled at the sides and creates an original look not seen in any other Indy film.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]