Austin got it!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Sam from 38.183.75.20 on April 20, 2001 at 15:15:00:

In Reply to: What's with the Venice boat hat thing??? posted by Indy French on April 20, 2001 at 14:19:02:

: Hey guys,

: This is not a criticism, but more of a bemused query. We are all fedora lovers and we all have our favorite films and favorite scenes and "favorite fedora scenes" so I understand the idea. I personally like the "Cairo Streets" look myself, some prefer the TOD "bridge" hat, other the "idol grab" look, and some like the "Well of Souls" resemblance.

: I hear a lot of people on the forum and elsewhere talking about the "Venice" look from Crusade. What I am failing to grasp is... Why? His hat is in probably seven "walking" shots and before the action even gets started, he takes it off.

: What do you guys love about the Venice look for the fedora? Why not the "motorcycle hat" or the "tank chase" hat? You know, one that saw some action?

: Again, this is not a criticism. This is a genuinely curious question.

: Fellow Indyfan with all due respect,

: Mike

I agree with Austin. The scene where Indy gets off the boat on the Venice dock and meets Elsa for the first time shows Indy's fedora in bright sunlight - giving the viewer an opportunity to see almost every aspect of the cut, color, shape, crease, etc of the LC fedora.

I also like the scene when Indy and Henry Sr. are tied up in the castle. The profile shot of Indy's fedora looks great!! I was going for a combination of the two looks for my most recent fedora purchase (even though they might have been the same hat).

The LC look is just a different look and the Venice scene shows the hat from some good angles. I like that look. Its a bit classier and more refined than the Raiders look - which is also a great look, BTW.

Indiana Sam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]