Re: Indiana Jones and DVD

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Keith from phobos.frii.com on October 13, 1998 at 23:55:45:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Jones and DVD posted by belloq on October 11, 1998 at 23:22:30:

: : G'day everyone,

: : It just occured to me, will DVD's be Universally compadible? I mean... I know that NTSC, Pal and Secam are different standards (although Pal and Secam have similarities) but will the encoding on the DVD be the same, with the player itself sending the respective NTSC, Pal and Secam signals?

: : This could benefit people like "Mola Ram" who could now get a proper copy of "Temple Of Doom".

: : Cheers,

: : Rob (Australia)... yes, I won't be so lazy in future.
: : ---

: : Are there any plans yet for release of the Indiana Jones (or Star Wars) films in DVD format? belloq

>OK<

Here is the scoop. I work in the video/audio Dept. at BEST BUY
Spielburg and paramount and 20th C Fox are not relesing DVD till the new DTS format comes out, this means, that if you have a DVD that does not have DTS compatability, you will not be able to watch films like indiana jones movies on surround, they will be out in a stereo format and the dolby will only be dolby stereo. this is a bummer for those who alredy have DVD and want the jones collection. as of now, there is no speculation of lower sound abilities on DVD being the standard format.
Expect the DTS format to be released around February, along with Titanic X files Back to the future Tri, and indy tri.
does any of this confuse you?
if it does I am sorry, I talk about the DVD and audio ability all day.
-Keith.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]