Re: Theological question...any of you subscribe to a religion different to Christianity (whish I guess is the "hero" religion in Raiders and LC)?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Keith from phobos.frii.com on October 14, 1998 at 00:18:19:

In Reply to: Re: Theological question...any of you subscribe to a religion different to Christianity (whish I guess is the "hero" religion in Raiders and LC)? posted by ericao on October 12, 1998 at 16:45:41:

I am of a celtic/Gaelic religion, I belive that the pentagraph is the representation of wind, water, fire, earth, and soul.
I belive that there is NOT one devine creator and that we are all a god of one sort or another thus helping and creating on our own. I belive that my religion is a life developed from earth, which was created by many many gods, not one man alone.
Still I belive that the Indy movies could be enjoyed by any religion.
I mean if you think about it there are still people who would have celebrated christ (of their religion) and carried the arc, it is apparent Indy was after these items for the historic value and not for the lifestyle value. There is a chance of the grail. but keep in mind, many many many centuries ago, Christianity was developed from celtic or pagan (as some may refer) religions. in the early eras of the religion the romans were killing christians because it was as taboo as paganism because in that time frame christianity was pagan background, the dark thick robes and covert lifestyle was at the time was the christian religion, and also the pagan lifestyle.
as for satan, he is a christian item, the arch enemy of christ, to belive in an arch enemy you have to belive in the "good Guy" that has the enemy, In this case, Christ, for whom I do not. The pentagram has been wrongly noted by religions as being the sign of evil when in fact it is a basis of the christian religion even, WHEN USED IN THE UPWARD FASION.
when it is upside down it means nothing and has no value but an upside-down pentagram in my lifestyle.
-KEITH.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]