Even If River Phoenix had lived to see the development of the series, he probably would have turned it down to pursue his "Big Screen" Career!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vogel from spider-tp052.proxy.aol.com on April 21, 2001 at 04:37:42:

In Reply to: Flannery didn't work for Young Indy!!! posted by THE DUDE on April 21, 2001 at 02:24:02:

From what I understand River Phoenix was very conceited, and would have never taken time to do a TV series over serious film work. I Could be wrong, and if so, I stand corrected, but I have always been truly impressed with Flanery's portrayal of a young pensive Indy. While he may not have been as "bossy" he definitely had a screen presence and a certain charm brought to the character.

-Vogel

: I'm sorry I have to vent my fellings on this matter. Does any one notice that 13 yaer old Indy played by Pheonix has a deeper voice, a bossier personality, and looked older than 16-20 year old Indy, played by Flannery. I'm not dising Flannery. He's a fine acter, but didn't convince that he could ever grow up to be like Harison Ford. River fit the part perfectly, though he didn't have much time to develope the character, and I thought little Correy Carrier did a fine job. But Flannery come on George You could have done much better. What do you all think?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]