My feverish thoughts on the next Indy installment:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from nwptn1UBR1-5-hfc-0251-d8d856c6.rdc1.va.coxatwork.com on April 21, 2001 at 09:27:48:

I know, I know. We've all dipped our hat in the trough of Indy 4 storylines. But I've had plenty of time to think, recently (feel free to run with that line, bud-arc) and I've concocted a nice, tidy skeleton for what I would like to see happen in Indy 4. In the closing days of the War, the Soviet Union was convinced to declare war on Japan. Mostly because it was simply a matter of mopping up, but that's unimportant. So the Soviets march into Manchuria (aka the Japanese puppet state of Manchuko, the most heavily industrialized sector of China at the time) and begin looting, pillaging, raping and oh yeah, fighting the remaining Japanese forces. But mostly looting and pillaging. Suppose Indiana Jones (archaeologist par excellence and one-man wrecking crew) is sent into Manchuria to obtain a relic before the Soviets/Japanese/Chinese Communists get it first? (Okay, I have yet to think up a decent relic, but if there is one hallmark of a screenwriter, it is unpreparedness!) So what are the perks to this storyline? Observe:
1. Both the Soviets and Imperial Japanese were jerks. Perfect foils.
2. I ain't too crazy 'bout the Chinese Communists, either.
3. Did someone say "Short Round's triumphant return"?
4. Harrison Ford's age will make Indy look suitably haggard and grizzly after four years of war.
5. Who cares what the fourth movie is about? As long as they make the damned thing.
In conclusion, I hate working on Saturdays.
-graml
PS Was this a diatribe? Or a rant? I'd really like to know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]