i just did that with my fed (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-168-39-112.nyc.rr.com on April 21, 2001 at 22:34:55:

In Reply to: Used to bug me too... posted by Fedora on April 21, 2001 at 20:55:00:

: : Hi Fedora,

: : An 1/8 inch is such a small difference. Can you really tell? I would think 3/16 or 1/4 inch would be needed. I just got my FED back with a nice 1 1/2 back ribbon and am ready to take the next step.

:
: For a long while I accepted what was said about the brim size at Indy Diggs. 2 3/4 x 2 1/2. The first hat I cut down, I cut to these specs, and I have to admit-I botched it big time. The problem is blending the difference in widths. It is fairly easy to blend the cuts when only 1/8 is taken off, but when you step up to taking off
: 1/4, it's a different ballgame. Even when you get the blend right, you brim has become a little more pointed than I like in the process. So I discovered the key to taking off 1/4 inch and eliminating the pointy brim as well. After you mark your lines on the front and back, measure back 1/4 inch on the inside,and make a mark here. Repeat on the other 3 marks. Instead of cutting to the original marks, you cut to these new ones. This give you an extra 1/4 inch for the blending process. It works. Good luck MK. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]