12" Indy doll gear and a Pants Plea....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupHH88.mpls.uswest.net on April 22, 2001 at 01:47:27:

For those of you who're too stubborn to crap out $600+ for a Toys McCoy Indy and are attempting to create your own 12" doll, I found somethin' for ya. I was at Toys'R'Us today and I saw a pack of GIJoe equipment with a VERY Indyesque molded plastic shoudler bag in it.

The package said "WWII Paratrooper" on it and it came with a crapload of gear. Most of it was very Army-ish in appearance, but the shoulder bag looked perfect for an Indy doll. It had a plain black strap, no buckle, and the bag was light green. The details of the bag were eerily similar to the real MKVII(I forget the #) bags. In the same pack there was a small brown book that could probably pass for a Grail Diary. It had a light-tan band around it, which could be painted black to match the elastic strap used on the real Diary. I don't remember how much the set was, but I can't imagine it being more than $10.

Now, on to my pants plea. I don't usually ask for measurements of gear, because it's so annoying, but I'd really like to know how wide the ankles of the Noel Howard pants are. If someone who owns a pair could just lay 'em out flat and measure how wide the legs are at the very bottom/ankle area I'd really appreciate it. Like I said, I'm havin' a hell of a time findin' pants to wear with my Aldens that aren't too tapered. If someone who owns the LLBean wool trousers could do the same that'd be slick too.

Thanks a lot,
Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: