Re: Model suggestion

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from ww-tl02.proxy.aol.com on January 08, 1998 at 21:49:16:

In Reply to: Re: Model suggestion posted by RikDuel on January 07, 1998 at 12:29:45:

: I'm pretty sure Horizon produced Vinyl 1/6 scale kits of Indy and Henry Jones, Sr. after the release of the Last Crusade. I'm a bit of a collector of this kind of kit, but all of my others (Han Solo, Boba Fett, Ash from Army of Darkness) are a 1/4 scale, so I didn't pick these up, which of course I regret now. But each of the Screamin' kits I have came with a suggestions slip, and I suggested Indiana Jones each time that I've submitted them.

: a quick check shows that Micah has a link to a pic of the Horizon Indy kit from the Indyfan.com main page, with the other collector info.

The model was indeed from HORIZON, released a few years ago. The pose is identical to that of Indy as featured on the Richard Amsel poster art for RAIDERS. The figure comes with Indy brandishing either a whip or a sword (you can choose by using either of the pieces).

Only one other model was made -- of Henry Jones, Senior. He holds his suitcase in one arm, and clutches his hat with the other hand.

The models are roughly $50-$65 each. They're made of vinyl/soft plastic and stand about 13" tall or so.

Assembly is surprisingly much more challenging than an amateur modeller would assume. But the Indy figure is quite well done.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]