Gemma-Jayne 'Harry' Hudgell

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from cc85701-a.hwrd1.md.home.com on April 22, 2001 at 18:13:29:

In Reply to: US Wings Jacket Finalists! posted by Micah on April 22, 2001 at 18:12:18:

I quite obviously deserve a new Indy jacket, as being without one whilst parading under the name 'Harry'
(short for Harrison...) makes me appear somewhat lacking. No-one ever gets what 'Harry' is short for
unless I explain the link. Help me!! If I have to explain again I'll go mad! Besides, I need it to go with my
hat and whip.

Consider also my fieldwork in South Africa. Archaeology out there gets very hot and dusty; a lightweight
cotton jacket of the Jones type would be ideal to protect my back from the harsh sun, leopard attack,
baboon spiders, black mambas, my supervisor, and so on, whilst being equally handy to keep off the chill
whilst scrabbling avec trowel amongst the bones in the Makapansgat caves. Naturally, the said item would
look damn good as I lead my team of dedicated students through the acacia groves, machete in hand.

Ponder next the imminence of my 24th birthday at the end of the month. Have you got me anything yet?
Indeed. I thought not.

I desperately require the use of such a jacket, as I am currently struggling to make ends meet as a
hardworking, unpaid doctoral student and cannot afford such luxuries as outer clothing. Besides, I'm an
archaeologist and I'd blatantly look silly without it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]