Kam Napier

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from cc85701-a.hwrd1.md.home.com on April 22, 2001 at 18:15:18:

In Reply to: US Wings Jacket Finalists! posted by Micah on April 22, 2001 at 18:12:18:

Heat. Humidity. Those are why I deserve to own the first U.S. Wings Cotton Indy Jacket. Because I cannot
wear leather here in subtropical Honolulu. Not goat skin, nor lambskin, nor plain old cow. There's too much
... heat. Humidity. Day after day.

Not the heat of a Thuggee sacrificial lava pit.

That's a dry heat.

No, I mean the kind of stewing, sticky mugginess of a South American jungle. You say Indy could handle
jungle mugginess? There he was in 1936, swaddled in leather, whip-flicking that gun out Barranca's hand
in a veritable mist of rain forest steam. Too true.

But, do you know why Indy is scowling as he steps into the light? Is it because he was just nearly gunned
down?

No. It's because he's wearing a leather jacket. In the middle of a jungle. That's abuse to which only an
actor with an air conditioned trailer might consent.

For a year now, I've lurked on the Indyfan Forum, reading with vicarious joy as one after another of you
bought your Indy jackets---beautiful, leather Indy jackets---to wear in comfort as the seasons of your
homelands permit. Crisp fall days. Winter's chill. Cool spring rains.

Then there's me. Bereft in the midst of eternal summer. Just hoping, waiting, for a light, breathable cotton
version of the Indy jacket to fall from the sky as if by the will of Shiva.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]