Re: Indy Movies in a different format

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from HRBGB103-04.splitrock.net on October 14, 1998 at 19:51:16:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Movies in a different format posted by Michaelson on October 14, 1998 at 13:50:17:

I have a Beta player too. Have had one for 16 years and it just went out on me this year. I'm thinking about getting it repaired simply because it was such a great machine.
Anyhow, the movies were released to Beta back in the early eighties because I have two copies, one for viewing and one for collectible. Actually, when they were released to Beta I flipped out because here was my favorite movie and they were selling it, in Hi-Fi for only 39.99. WOW!!!! It'll never drop lower than that. A couple months later it did, to 19.99. WOW!!!! It'll never drop below that. So I bought a second copy just in case the first one wore out. And as many times as I played it, it never did.
Anyway, Michaelson is correct that Beta copies show up on ebay auction all the time and the really cool thing (38 years old and still using the word "Cool"), is the Beta version more than likely has the coming attractions for Temple of Doom, mine does. I dubbed my copies over to a store bought VHS just in case my Beta died.
Get yourself a copy, you'll love it even though it's not in widescreen.
And take note to how some of the sound effects sound different than on the broadcast version on TV. Hey this is getting long, any questions email me.
Talk to you guys later when I get info on the DVD of widescreen version
Rocky

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: