no, because..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-168-39-112.nyc.rr.com on April 22, 2001 at 23:23:34:

In Reply to: An answer to your questions...sorta... posted by Fedora on April 22, 2001 at 22:45:57:

when I ordered mine, I asked if I could get a different ribbon and Ron said they wouldn't , but they sent me a complimentary black ribbon so I can change it myself. So they must know about the accuracy issue.

-IS

-----
: : I was kind of ho-hum about the FED when it first arrived, but now that I have changed the ribbon and diminsional cut the brim, it really looks wonderful. I really like this hat.

: : The only question remains is: My can't they make it in the right color and correct size ribbon? At any rate, the darker color will go great with my trench coat.

:
: First off, good job! As to why Akubra doesn't offer the hat in a closer color, I think this is as close as Akubra gets in their stock colors. Basically all Hatsdirect did was have the Campdraft made with a smaller brim, and added the ribbon. I think they goofed on the ribbon, probably by accident. Someone from Indy Gear needs to get in contact with Ron, and have him notify Akubra as to the proper size. I know Hatsdirect was making an attempt at supplying us with something we could work with, and the ribbon size was probably just a mistake. Hatsdirect is presently waiting on Akubra to make another run of these hats, and it would be simple for Akubra to just downsize the ribbon. Still for the price, it is a deal. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]