Thanks. I'll have to check out that Bogey movie.(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-104.col.cableone.net on April 23, 2001 at 10:57:29:

In Reply to: Two relatively obscure movies I am100% positive indyfans will love. posted by California Mike on April 23, 2001 at 10:09:15:

:
: Recently I had the extreme pleasure of viewing two movies that I know indyfans will love.

: The first is from the late 1970's. It is called Where Eagles May Dare. It stars Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood. When the writing on the back of the box described it as a "Republic Serial" I was hooked. It's based on a book by Alistair McLean, who also wrote guns of navarone. This movie absolutely rocks!! I couldn't believe how much I loved it. The nazis are the bad guys, a commando team is invading an isolated mountain retreat, and the action is unbelievable. I would call it a cross between James Bond and Indy. I don't know how this movie hasn't been mentioned before.

: The second is Across the Pacific, with Humphrey Bogart. John Huston directs, and Bogart stars as a court martialed navy officer who must derail Japanese plans to bomb the Panama Canal during WWII. Casablanca is always tossed around Indyfan as a much loved movie, and if you liked Casablanca you'll like this. The action scenes are definitely old school, so if you are looking for modern cinematography you're better off with more recent movies, but the plot line is riveting and Bogart's performance is great.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]