Elsa Schneider

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gung-Ho Gun from spider-wk044.proxy.aol.com on April 23, 2001 at 19:25:00:

Elsa was my favorite of the Indy girls. Though, she didn't have a major role, she was the hottest. I'm really glad she was on evil's side. I love bad girls. It was a change of pace from the other two. I, however, found it very unfortunate that she dies at the end. I felt sad knowing she was so close to getting the grail. The tip of her fingers were an inch or so away from touching the grail. She was sooo close. There are several factors to her death. A. She was a greedy woman who only cared about the grail in the end and didn't know when to let it go. B. She was wearing leather gloves which would slip off a person's hold faster than an ungloved hand and C. The heat of the desert caused her hands to sweat more than usual, making the glove even more slippery. I bet if they were in a cooler climate maybe 60 degrees F, she would have had more time to reach the grail and might have lived. However, I do find the events of her death intriguing. One more thing- I downloaded the Last Crusade script off of various sites and all of them describe her death the same. They basically give an inaccurate description and made it short. They said Indy only grabbed on of her hands when she was about to fall, but really he grabbed both. Elsa ripped her left hand from his hold. Here's another one, the script says "Elsa just manages to touch the grail. In doing so, she has tipped the balance to far-Indy slides down another yard." This is horribly wrong. Elsa doesn't touch it at all. She gets close but never actually touches it. Also, Indy doesn't slide down a yard or at all while he's holding on to her. I believe scripts should be detailed and accurate, summaries on the other hand should come down to the point. So, being the oddball I am, I downloaded the script, modified it so it would have a detailed description of Elsa's death and a sent the modified copies to websites that didn't have the scripts. I know I'm being very picky and ur probably thinking, "Hey, it's a small scene!" Well it was bothering me and I wanted to get it off my chest and thorw it onto the web. In the end, Elsa's only flaw was her intense obsession with the grail and her lust. In the end, Elsa desperately tried to reach the grail that gives life, but instead it took it from her.

Thanks for listening to my crap
P.S. If anyone has pics of this scene where Elsa tries to reach the grail could you send them to me? Or if you have a machine that can take captures of movies, could you make some quick captures of the scene (especially the close-ups of her gloves and boots) I would be so eternally grateful. My email is NeoMatrixCt@aol.com. Again. Thank you!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]