Re: temple

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by raider from dal22-03.ppp.iadfw.net on October 15, 1998 at 19:22:19:

In Reply to: temple posted by jeff on October 15, 1998 at 17:33:25:

I agree completely. Lucas was too eager to tie everything together in Crusade. More time was spent looking into Indy's background than was spent developing the story. Did we actually need to know every aspect of his persona? It all just seemed so contrived. I think you're right to assume that some don't appreciate Raiders enough because they weren't old enough to see it in a theater. Don't get me wrong though, I still enjoy watching Crusade despite some of its faults.

: It seems that every Indy fan I run into on the web has one thing to say: Last Crusade was the best in the series. I STRONGLY disagree. In fact, I believe that the last movie was entirely too revealing. One of the most appealing points about these films was the fact that you didn't know too much about Indy. That made the other two films, Temple of Doom in particular, very interesting, you didn't know what he would do in any situation to a certain extent. I feel that Lucas has strayed too far from the original formula and it seems that from all the Indy4 scripts floating around, the next film may as well be called Indiana Jones and the Days of Our Lives. Perhaps the only reason people on the web like Crusade best is because most of them weren't even born yet when the other films were released. I HOPE that I am wrong about the upcomming film, but with Harrison nearing his sixties, I think he is becomming far too intellectual in his performances. Give me the two fisted character of old. One last thing, if the enemies put up against Indy are as ancient as the ones in Last Crusade, look for massive delays in filming due to arthritis. Anyone else share my opinions?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]