Just an idea...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by West from spider-mtc-tc062.proxy.aol.com on April 24, 2001 at 04:01:47:

Now this is JUST AN IDEA that I've been toying around with for a bit in my spare time and thus far have suggested it to several other Indyfans who have either liked it or not. So I figured why not post it on the forum and see if I get a nibble.
Well like the cotton Indy jacket from USWings, this would be another Indyfan inspired jacket in a way. My basic idea is to take the Raiders patterns that Flightsuits already has and improving on the specs of the jacket. Adding military jacket specs; such as (these are just ideas, I'm still new to the historical military jacket specs and am just playing with them now) G-1 gussets, a second inside map pocket for more gear like in the G-1, an improved historically based pleat system based on G-1's and other jackets with such a pleat system, and other details based on historical and modern military jackets for a more functionable jacket for adventures and such; and even (like in the VIP) the red lining which only ace pilots got. I even played with the idea of calling this jacket the "Crusade" in honor of Indy. Now this is only an idea I've been playing with (partially because I'm beginning to gain an obsession with jackets and partially because I'm a perfectionist) and this jacket will in essence be still a "Indy" jacket at heart. Something I'd think Indy would have been glad to wear. If this idea doesn't pan out, it's okay. I personally like the idea and after my veg goat expedition I'll just wait, work on the details, and pay Flightsuits to make a "crusade" for me.

Sorry again for the long post and thanks for reading,
West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: